One of the things I like most about Autumn are the vegetables. I could eat pumpkin all day every day! I love the versatility of it, how you can make both sweet and savoury dishes with it. One of my favourite things to create with pumpkin is a soup. Now I love soup in general ’cause you can make it with almost everything you like and most of the time it will turn out great. This is a very warming soup which is perfect for Autumn!
Serves 6 / 15 min preparation / 30 min cooking time / in total 45 minutes
What you need
1/2 pumpkin (500 g)
1 dried pepper
1 cm ginger
1 garlic clove
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp cumin
1 l vegetable stock
400 ml coconut milk
How it works
- Peel the parsnips and chop together with the pumpkin into small pieces (you don’t need to peel the pumpkin, saves a lot of time!);
- Finely slice the onion, pepper, ginger and garlic;
- Heat some oil in a large frying pan;
- Add the onion, pepper, ginger and garlic together with the mustard seeds, turmeric and cumin. Bake for about 5 minutes;
- Add the pumpkin and parsnip and bake for another 3 minutes;
- Pour in the stock and bring to the boil, the turn down the heat and let it simmer for about 30 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Remove the pan from the heat and liquidise the soup with a stick blender until smooth;
- Pour in the coconut milk and bring to the boil again. Flavour with some salt and pepper;
- Enjoy your Autumn soup!